When I think of the people's who's works have inspired me over the years I think of people like Gandhi, Buddha, Emerson and Thoreau. Surprisingly though, another person I find very inspiring is Dr. Seuss. Now, I am actually serious here.
I have always found his stories to be quite profound and meaningful in addition to being entertaining and fun. I love his rhyming text and quirky characters, but the messages are really the best part.
Last night we went to see the movie "Horton Hears a Who". It was such fun. Combine the story-telling genius of Dr. Seuss with the comic talent of Jim Carrey, Steve Carrell and Carol Burnett and you have one great movie!

I love Horton the elephant's great wisdom after he has discovered a whole community living on a speck. He says "A person's a person no matter how small" and he reasons that "if you were way out in space and you looked down on Earth it would look like a speck too". I also love his motto that "an elephant's faithful 100 percent". What a great story of self-reliance, integrity, compassion, acceptance and peace.
This is such a great movie and it is really accessible to everybody. I don't think anyone could be too old or too young to enjoy it.

No comments:
Post a Comment