Thursday, March 20, 2008

Ostara, Balance and Beautiful Things

I just love the beginning of spring. There seems to be such excitement in the woods where I walk as the birds return and the other animals are starting to scurry around. There is still the occasional patch of snow, but there are also buds starting to appear. The air is crisp and fresh and the ground is wonderfully muddy. I have discovered that mud is actually a wonderful thing when you live in a dry climate. In another month it will be hard dusty dirt and will likely stay that way until fall.


As we celebrated Ostara yesterday with a wonderful bunch of friends in a magical place, I started to think about balance. Today there is perfect balance - 12 hours of daylight and 12 hours of darkness. As I move forward in life I endeavour to maintain balance. I want to look forward and be excited about the future, yet also be completely present and savour every moment. It is also my goal to balance the 5 areas of my life each day - health, abundance, loving relationships, creative expression and spirituality.

Proactively balancing is a fairly new thing for me. I used to reactively switch between the areas of my life either because one area would reach a crisis point or because I would drive myself to exhaustion. This new life of consciously creating my experience is quite refreshing. There is not nearly the same level of drama or excitement that there used to be - instead there is an enduring sense of peace and well-being. At this point I choose the peace and I am excited to see how life unfolds on this new path.

No comments: