Yikes. I just got home from the philosophy/spirituality class that I have been taking this year. Tonight's topic was immortality. It was a really lively discussion. All sorts of different ideas about what happens to us when we die were flowing freely. It is all conjecture really. I mean whether the lights just go out, whether we come back again, or whether we go to some paradise in the sky - it is all just something we cannot know for sure until we face it.
All of the ideas were so interesting and deep I had a brain-ache by the end of the class. Right at the end of the chapter of our 'Science of Mind' textbook Ernest Holmes wrote the following paragraph:
With all these facts confronting us, we should learn to trust life. There is no power in the universe which wishes anyone ill. Life is good and God is Good. Why not accept this and begin to live? No man (I am sure he meant women too... after all it was written in 1926) need prepare to meet his God, he is meeting Him every day and each hour in the day. He meets Him in the rising sun, in the flowing stream, in the budding rose, in the joy of friendship, and love, and in the silence of his own soul.
Aaaahhhhhhhh! I think I can buy that. Thank goodness for such simplicity at the end of such a complicated chapter.
And so it is.
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I agree. People seem to be so caught up in looking back or looking forward, arguing over things that we cannot possibly prove, it's such a waste of time.
Hope we can talk about this later on today.
Hi Amanda, have awarded you a Blogging with a Purpose award. Please come visit my blog and read about it.
Post a Comment