Monday, March 31, 2008

I love Mondays!

I really enjoy new beginnings. I may be a little odd, but I like coming home from a vacation and getting back to regular life. I like New Year's Day and I even like Mondays.


I really like taking breaks to reflect, but then I equally enjoy getting back to life. For me, weekends are the reflection times and Mondays are the new beginnings. I usually work at home on Mondays so it is a quiet day of computer work and homeschooling. To me, it is a very pleasant way to start the week.


Unfortunately Daniel, like many others, does not share my sentiment about Mondays. I usually wake up to his groaning about it being Monday. Today I put my foot down and told him that I don't want to hear any more complaints about it.


In addition to the moratorium on negativity for the morning, I thought I would also do something to inspire (read bribe) him to embrace the day. So this was our fabulous feast this morning for breakfast. Crepes with a strawberry compote. This is definitely a favourite of ours and I hope it will help him to appreciate the beginning of the week.


Now after a breakfast like that who wouldn't love Mondays? ! ?

2 comments:

Melissa Hart said...

Wow, You have turned into quite the chef girl! Who wouldn't love that breakfast?

Amanda said...

Thanks. That is what I was thinking. Perhaps if I start to make it every Monday, Daniel will come around.