Sunday, March 9, 2008

What would possess me......?

I have spent the day preparing for a trip and I can't help but wonder what would possess me to agree to sleep on a concrete floor in a cold room with 33 other people - some friends, some I have never met - for a whole night. As I look at the ridiculously thin mat that will be cushioning me from the hard cold floor I am starting to question my sanity. I am a very picky sleeper. At home I have the softest, coziest bed and I usually need complete quiet in order to fall asleep.... and ... I can be a touch on the grouchy side if I don't get a reasonable amount of sleep. hmmmm. This could be a problem.





The good news is, though, that if I do spend the whole night awake I will have this to look at:






It could be worse, I guess.

You see, Daniel and I are joining a group of homeschooling families for a sleepover at the Vancouver Aquarium. We both love going to the Aquarium so I think it will be a fascinating experience for both of us. We will get to see the nocturnal creatures come out after dark. Then we sleep in the Beluga viewing room which has a huge window into the Beluga tank. I find the whales mesmerizing to watch and I think it will be a beautiful backdrop for the night.

The actual sleeping part is worrying me a little though. I just don't see how this 2 inch thick piece of foam is going to replace the 2 feet of cushioning I am used to having under me while I sleep.

Oh well, I guess it is only one night and, all in all, it is worth it for the adventure.

3 comments:

Nicola said...

I know exactly what you mean, Amanda, and this is why we haven't been camping for the last two years. I like my bed too. If we are grouchy on Thursday, we shall have to make a rule - if we can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!!!

Melissa Hart said...

Have fun sleeping beneath the deep blue sea.
It was great seeing you guys again. Daniel is adorable--such a great little conversationalist.

Amanda said...

Thanks Melissa. It was great to see you guys too. Your girls are growing up so fast. They are so sweet.