Saturday, June 14, 2008

AWOL

It has been ages since I last posted here. I have been busy changing, growing, learning, living and being. It has all been good for the most part with some hiccups along the way.


First, parenting Daniel has been changing. He is growing up and needing more autonomy in his life. Yet he is still so young and needing and wanting to be nurtured. Our relationship has been changing to accommodate his growth. It has been challenging and rewarding, but most of all it has taken a lot of thought, discussion and energy. There have been tears and laughter as we have both been trying to figure this all out Ultimately our relationship is getting stronger for it.... I still wonder why he didn't arrive with an owner's manual.


Personally, I have been growing as well. I was very inspired by reading 'A New Earth'. I learned a lot about myself. I have been somewhat humbled as I have learned how big a hold my ego has had on my life. As I have learned to live in the present moment, things have changed quite drastically. The most noticeable change is that I have had way more energy. I now realize that I have spent years wearing myself out by resenting the past, worrying about the future or wishing the present was different. Now that I accept where I am today and I embrace my life, I am amazed at how much time and energy I have to get things done or to just be. There are projects that have been sitting unfinished for years that are getting done with ease. Life seems to flow gracefully - it doesn't seem as challenging as it once did. I feel really balanced and I am thankful to have learned this stuff.

Now that I have freed up my time from all that baggage I was carrrying around I am starting to take things on and follow my interests. I have started coordinating a homeschool group, growing a garden, looking into some eco friendly business opportunities, and volunteering at the Centre for Positive Living. I am really enjoying all of this. I love the deeper connection with nature that I get from gardening. With all of this unfolding in my life, I am also finding that I spend less time on the computer and more time face to face with friends and family.

3 comments:

Samantha said...

I'm so happy for you Amanda :-) It sounds like you are in a very peaceful place to be.

Andrea said...

that is amazing how much difference it makes to energy! I agree. And so much happier, too.

Anonymous said...

You are an inspiration Amanda! I find your presence very calming. It's hard for me to believe that you find life anything but easy.