To laugh often and much;
To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;
To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends;
To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others;
To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition;
To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.
This is to have succeeded.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson
I have recently read that this quote was not actually from Emerson, but that doesn't matter to me. I appreciate whoever said these wise words and I still find inspiration in them.

1 comment:
Hi Amanda,
I'm having trouble getting ahold of you so I thought I'd try here.
I've sent you a couple emails about the hike tomorrow. Can you check your junk folder for me? And can you check my blog post:
http://northokanaganhomelearners.blogspot.com/
to see if I've gotten the details right?
thanks so much!
m-sue
Post a Comment